From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Proxy server problem
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:37:45
1 >> >> >> I set up squid on a remote system so I can browse the internet from
2 >> >> >> that IP address. It works but it stalls frequently. I had similar
3 >> >> >> results with ziproxy. I went over this with the squid list but we
4 >> >> >> got nowhere as it seems to be some kind of a system or network
5 >> >> >> problem.
6 >> >> >>
7 >> >> >> http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/squid-3-3-5-hangs-> >> >> the -en tire-system-td4660893.html
8 >> >> >>
9 >> >> >> Can anyone here help me figure out what is wrong? I'm not sure where
10 >> >> >> to start.
11 >
12 > Is this stalling problem happening when you just browse the internet, visiting
13 > websites, or do you get it when you are downloading large files such as
14 > videos, or music? If it is the former, then I am not sure what causes it. If
15 > it is the latter, then this may be relevant to http timeout settings.
16
17 Actually it happens when I'm just browsing the internet. How can a
18 problem of this nature be debugged?
19
20 - Grant