From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE4 Device Manager & Permissions
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:15:56
1 Hi there!
2
3 When I plug in an USB stick (with a VFAT partition), the device manager
4 plasmoid notifies me and allows to mount it. That's fine, but I would like
5 the permissions to be different, so that another user is able to write to
6 it. This user is using the same desktop, he is logged in via ssh -X in a
7 konsole, then he starts dolphin.
8
9 Is this configurable? I looked for HAL stuff, probably this can be set in
10 a .fdi file, but I did not find what to specify there.
11
12 This is not really important - I can let udev create a specific /dev entry
13 for the stick, add it to fstab and mount it manually, with the umask set
14 accordingly. But it would be nice if it could be done with KDE's builtin
15 stuff. So if anyone knows a solution, I'd be happy to hear. If not, no
16 problem.
17
18 Wonko