From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video & audio out of sync mkv mplayer
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:20:01
1 On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 03:16:27PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 21/06/2014 15:01, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
3 > > What could be amiss there?
4 > > Thanks.
8 > dodgy source files?
9 >
10 > use the mplayer hotkeys that gets them back in sync
11
12 I recently had a file, I think it was a TV recording. I re-encoded it with
13 ffmpeg, both audio and video. I think it was here where it complained about
14 litter in the audio stream.
15 In the end the produced MKV had a huge audio offset of several seconds. I
16 used the A/V delay hotkeys, but they had no effect. I could not bring audio
17 and video together, so eventually I ditched the files, no point in keeping
18 them.
19 --
20 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
21 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
22
23 I verbs stupid. In my opinion we not verbs.
24 You most sentences without them.