From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems copmiling firefox 57.0 (linking phase)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 06:54:35
1 On 16/11/17 11:05, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > building firefox 57.0 failed on my system - it looks like
5 > the last stage (linking) fails.
6 >
7 > I attached the build.log to this mail.
8 >
9 > Is there a way around this?
10 >
11 > Cheers
12 > Meino
16 First thing I do when I have a problem with one of the larger apps,
17 Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice is enable the make feature, in
18 make.conf, that keeps temp files around:
19
20 FEATURES="ccache keeptemp keepwork candy"
21
22 and then set the make options so that only one thread is doing stuff:
23
24 MAKEOPTS="-j1"
25
26 I just sometimes find that the build system gets a bit confused, with
27 multiple threads, and the one thread "straightens" things out.
28
29 But then again, this might be a bug and I have no idea as to what I'm
30 talking about.....
31
32 Andrew