From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] high resolution console
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 00:31:41
1 On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi people!
3 > I want to have a feature installed on my gentoo machine, that if I boot
4 > I am will see a high resolution console.
5 >
6 > When I boot from the system rescue cd, at boot time it is being switch
7 > to a higher resolution, which I want to have on my default system as well.
8 >
9 > Can somebody of you tell me, how to accomplish this task?!
10
11 Possible solutions that you can google for more details:
12
13 kernel modesetting (if you don't use nvidia-drivers)
14 uvesafb
15 vesafb
16 fbterm (a userland program)
17 jfbterm (like fbterm focused on multilingual/utf8 support)
18
19 You may also want or need to install gpm for console mouse support