From: Patric Schmitz <bzk0711@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Evolution Doesn't Filter Incoming Mail
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:39:23
1 On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:27:24 +0100
2 Richard <skitfish@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Dear all,
5 >
6 > I use Evolution as my mail client. I receive Gentoo mailing list email
7 > at my GMail address, and access this email in Evolution over IMAP.
8 >
9 > I want Gentoo mailing list messages to go into a Gentoo mailing list
10 > folder in Evolution, and so I've setup an incoming mail filter to take
11 > all mail with a sender or recipient address matching
12 > '@lists.gentoo.org' and move it to my Gentoo mailing list folder.
13
14 I had a similar problem with Thunderbird and IMAP. The problem was that
15 "Sender" is not amongst the standard headers which TB retrieves per
16 default for newly arrived messaged.
17 I had to somehow tell TB to "fetch all headers", don't remember exactly
18 how, since I'm using claws now.
19
20 > Despite ticking the 'Apply filters to new messages in INBOX on this
21 > server' check-box in the Evolution Account Editor, I have to highlight
22 > new email and click 'Apply Filters' in Evolution's 'Message' menu so
23 > that Evolution will actually move them to the desired folder.
24 >
25 > Can anyone help with this?
26
27 This is just a guess, i haven't used evolution actually, but look for
28 a retrieve option "fetch all mail headers" or something, it might be
29 the same issue.
30
31 HTH,
32 Patric Schmitz