From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unmerge python?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:13:55
1 On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 23:08 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > The safest course is run python-updater-0.2, unmerge python-2.3,
3 > update
4 > python-updater then run the new version.
5 >
6 > You shouldn't break too much by unmerging the old version before you
7 > run
8 > python-updater. A few things may not work, but portage will be fine.
9 > As
10 > with any important system package, quickpkg it before unmerging.
11 >
12 Except I don't think python-updator will know what the old version of
13 python was so you might have to pass -o 2.3 or whatever.
14
15 What *I* would do, and the reason why I think you're having so the
16 trouble, is that you skipped 2.4. I would go from 2.3 to 2.4, run
17 python-updater, then go from 2.4 to 2.5 and run python-updater again.
18
19 -a