From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Weird framebuffer problem when booting
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:00:26
1 Hi all,
2
3 Ok, made tons of progress getting this new vm up and running, now doing
4 some tweaking, and can't figure this one out...
5
6 I'm trying to enable the framebuffer for the console at boot time.
7 Here's my kernel boot options:
8
9 video=vesafb:mtrr:y,ywrap vga=ask
10
11 This correctly prompts me for the mode I want - I press enter to show me
12 the list of available/supported modes, choose "y" for the mode "y 341
13 1024x768x32", the system continues to boot and switches to the correct
14 mode (1024x768) for my console...
15
16 The problem is, if I set vga=341, which is the mode on that line, all I
17 get is the default 40x25 text console...
18
19 Anyone have any ideas?