From: burlingk@×××××××××.mil
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: A List Question
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:27:20
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: news [mailto:news@×××××××××.org] On Behalf Of >Q<
3 > Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 12:49 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: A List Question
8 > James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
9 >
10 > [about gmane.org]
11 > > If you are just reading, you can (last time I looked) just read net
12 > > news....
13 >
14 > You can also post through their nntp server, as I am now.
15 > You have to be subscribed to the ml (I turn e-mail delivery
16 > off). The first time you post, gmane e-mails you a
17 > confirmation message, and you must reply to it.
18 >
19 > This doesn't give the flat digest the OP wants, but it might
20 > be enough to only see the headers in the news client and
21 > download only what's wanted.
22 >
23 > --
24 > >Q<
25
26 My problem is that I do not often have proper internet access underway,
27 and I NEVER have NNTP access at all from the ship I am on. I have to
28 deal with highly restrictive network policies. Email is the only viable
29 option, I am just not sure if my account can handle a full mailing list
30 without digests. However, the same network also makes the mime digests
31 almost impossible. How do I disable mail delivery? No matter what
32 commands I throw at the help server, it just sends me back a list of the
33 <list>-subscribe@ and <list>-unsubscribe@ email addresses. :(
34
35 I am probably missing something obvious.
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list