From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Freeze after suspend-to-ram with kernel 3.10
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:47:53
1 Hey list
2
3 My netbook doesn't freeze so often during operation any more. But now it’s
4 started to not properly wake up from suspend-to-ram. It’s like with my big
5 laptop: when that one runs on nouveau instead of nvidia-drivers, it behaves
6 the very same way, i.e. I switch it on and the screen stays blank. Not even
7 sysrq are working then, only hard power-down.
8
9 I tried to confirm my oberservation by deliberately hibernating it multiple
10 times yesterday -- it always woke up with 3.9. Now I booted it with 3.10 and
11 it didn't come up on the first try.
12 Do you have any suggestion how I might debug this? I can’t simply report to
13 kernel blokes “3.10 is crap on my netbook, you put in a regression somewhere”.
14
15 I don’t really have the time right now to go after hunches, such as the new
16 tikless system, as building a kernel takes up to 45 minutes on that thing.
17 --
18 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
19 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
20
21 Signed: Martin Kelly, Ar-chuh-tect.