From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:57:38
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Mrugesh Karnik [mailto:mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: 01 December 2005 13:12
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5
8 > Thiago Lüttig wrote:
9 > > how do you installed it ? i mean, the emerge parameters ?? :D
10 >
11 > I just did emerge --udpate --deep world. It slotted 3.4 and 3.5, so I
12 > first cleared out my distfiles to free up some space! Then, edited
13 > /etc/rc.conf to set XSESSION="kde-3.5". After restarting
14 > /etc/init.d/xdm, kdm-3.5 came up with entries for both 3.4
15 > and 3.5. Some
16 > packages are still being compiled. I'll keep 3.4 till all of them are
17 > compiled and then unmerge 3.4.
18
19 If you have an old monolithic KDE install (in my case KDE-3.2.x) and
20 would like to unmerge it along with all the kde 3.2.x packages and
21 exclusive dependencies to save some space, how would you do it? How
22 could one ensure that there will be no apps/deps out there, which will
23 try to re-emerge this old version afresh?
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list