From: Drew <drew.kay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel.pid_max
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:54:45
1 Hi Darren,
2
3 You may be getting an invalid argument because on the i386 (Intel
4 32bit) architecture pid_max seems limited to 32768. I'm no kernel
5 expert but between this thread: http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/2/7/188 some
6 googling and reading through the source in:
7 /usr/src/linux/include/linux/threads.h (then manually branching
8 through the code), I came to the conclusion that 32768 is the maximum
9 permitted.
10
11 Hopefully a kernel guru is watching and can confirm or deny my
12 conclusions. I'm using a hardened kernel if that makes any difference.
13 ;-)
16 -Drew
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list