From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: keys that don't create keycodes
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:49:36
1 On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 09:47 +0200, Robert Svoboda wrote:
2 > * Iain Buchanan <iain@×××××××××.au> [2005-07-19 09:10]:
3 > > I have a couple of them! I've tried all the usual ways of detecting
4 > > them - xev and others that do a similar thing but they just don't
5 > > register as keypresses in any standard way.
6 >
7 > did you try lineak (it's in portage)? I think there are others, maybe more
8 > advanced.
9
10 I've tried lots of programs, including lineak, but trying another
11 program isn't going to fix it if xev itself can't even see the
12 keypresses. It has to be a deeper issue like the X keyboard driver or
13 something. Hence the interesting link someone else posted:
14 http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/flameeyes/2005/06/15/and_the_keyboard_lose_the_match
15 --
16 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list