From: "Heinrichs
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automounting of USB drives
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 07:40:09
1 Am Dienstag, den 02.12.2008, 01:15 +0100 schrieb ext AJ Spagnoletti:
2 > I have finally reached the point where I use enough USB media
3 > (external hard drives and flash drives) that I would like to set up a
4 > system to automount the media devices for me. I have read in the past
5 > about hal + ivman and a bit of googling has brought up AutoFS as well.
6 > I was just wondering what the best system to automount USB media would
7 > be. I am looking for something that is relatively easy to set up and
8 > is also well maintained. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
9
10 The kernel automounter (autofs) was not designed with removable media in
11 mind, so it's not the best choice for the job. Nearly all Linux desktops
12 today come with a hal/dbus based solution for mounting USB devices on
13 demand.
14
15 Bye...
16
17 Dirk
18 --
19 Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
20 Configuration Manager | Fax: +49 (0)211 47068 111
21 Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@×××××××××.com
22 Wanheimerstraße 68 | Web: http://www.capgemini.com
23 D-40468 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733
24 GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net