From: Izar Ilun <izarilun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No direct rendering with ATI Radeon 7000/VE
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 22:20:25
1 WELL, I THOUGHT IT WAS SOLVED COZ I HAD DIRECT RENDERING BUT NOW MY SYSTEM
2 HANGS CONSTANTLY!!!
3
4 I followed this Howto step by step, I've tried to do it with modules or
5 with built-in mode but my Gentoo continues hanging, for example, when I run
6 glxgears and tvtime both together. I don't understand it!
7
8 So here you have some relevant info (ask for more if necessary please!!) :
9
10 gentoo ibai # lsmod | grep 'drm\|agp\|rad'
11 radeon 107040 1
12 drm 64148 2 radeon
13 radeonfb 85824 0
14 fb 42920 1 radeonfb
15 i2c_algo_bit 9096 2 bttv,radeonfb
16 cfbcopyarea 3840 1 radeonfb
17 cfbimgblt 3072 1 radeonfb
18 cfbfillrect 3712 1 radeonfb
19 i2c_core 16912 6
20 tuner,bttv,tveeprom,radeonfb,i2c_algo_bit,i2c_i801
21 intel_agp 19996 1
22 agpgart 28872 2 drm,intel_agp
23
24 gentoo ibai # zcat /proc/config.gz | grep MTRR
25 zcat: /proc/config.gz: No such file or directory
26
27 gentoo ibai # lspci | grep -i radeon
28 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY
29 [Radeon 7000/VE]
30
31 I attach my .config:

config-2.6.15-r1Hiru application/octet-stream