From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with a slow rsync server
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:45:51
1 On Thursday 11 September 2008 19:33:44 Ross Mansfield wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a rsync server on a older machine and I'm trying to emerge --sync
5 > another machine to the server. When I do this my emerge --sync times
6 > out. I'm pretty sure that it's because the rsync server is on an old
7 > machine (but I could be wrong) and was wondering does anyone knows how
8 > to increase the timeout time for emerge --sync?
9
10 PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS in man 5 make.conf
11
12 --timeout accepts a number of seconds, or 0 for no timeout
15 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com