From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Please help, kernel can not load root
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:20:26
1 On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 14:35, Ignas Anikevičius <anikevicius@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > it's been several since I have tried to make my machine boot again without
5 > any live CDs and I could not narrow the main issue down. The problem is that
6 > the kernel can not mount the root partition.
7 >
8 > Some info about my system:
9 > running ~amd64
10 > kernel: gentoo-sources-3.3.3
11 > bootloader: grub2-9999 (grub.cfg generated with grub2-mkconfig -o
12 > /boot/grub2/grub.cfg)
13 > root partition is ext4, but ext4 is built into kernel
14 > I have a separate /boot partition
15 >
16 > my grub.cfg can be found here:
17 > http://pastebin.com/nm6HCkpM
18 >
19 > I have written down some log messages from the last boot. Sorry if something
20 > is not 100% accurate as I took a crappy picture with my phone and tried to
21 > rewrite everything:
22 > http://pastebin.com/0zQN6X5t
23 >
24 > I would very appreciate someones help.
25 >
26 > Thanks,
27 > Ignas A.
28
29 At a glance, looks like your kernel doesn't include a driver for your
30 drive controller, given the panic you're getting. If you have another
31 kernel sitting around on your /boot, you can edit your grub entry on
32 the fly, boot to that, and give your kernel config for the new kernel
33 a quick check for whichever driver it is you should be running.
36 Poison [BLX]
37 Joshua M. Murphy