From: Tapio Raevaara <tapio.raevaara@×××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard problems
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 05:29:17
1 On Wednesday 28 May 2008, ionut cucu wrote:
2 > While gracefully working on my computer out of the blue, by keyboard
3 > stops working. Changing keyboards didn't help, only rebooting does. Both
4 > PS/2 keyboards...So I guess it's a computer issue...any ideas where I
5 > should start looking?
6
7 If you're using X, next time try the following: press Alt + SysRQ + r, switch
8 to console with Ctrl + Alt + F1 and start killing random programs,
9 occasionally switching back to X. In the past, I've had trouble with Amarok
10 jamming the keyboard; if you're using it, it might be a good first target for
11 your killing spree.
12
13 You need to have CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y in the kernel for this to work (it's on
14 by default).
15
16 For a safer reboot, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key ,
17 especially the 'Raising Elephants' part.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list