From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Loss of performance...OpenGL?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:25:03
1 Hi,
2
3 Playing videos with mplayer produces an output of
4
5 ************************************************
6 **** Your system is too SLOW to play this! ****
7 ************************************************
8
9 , diplaying of dvb-t broadcasts are often interrupted (screen freezes,
10 audio continues) or otherwise disturbed (colored blocks, "flashes"
11 etc.)
12
13 The CPU meter of gkrellm shows a high overall CPU load with a greater
14 part of load of system processes.
15
16 Another indication of something, which is going wrong here is, that blender
17 goes into the digital nirwana when rendering sometimes, whith a 100%
18 system load.
19
20 I suspect the opengl/graphic interface of my PC is somehow screwed up.
21 I am using (32bit system):
22
23 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
24 on a ASUS AV8 mainboard (VIA chipset)
25 nVidia Corporation GeForce 7600 GT (rev a2) graphics adapter (AGP)
26 x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-177.82 USE="acpi gtk -custom-cflags (-multilib)
27
28 Everything else not graphic/opengl related works fine and as fast as
29 one could expect from a PC like that.
30
31 I installed nvidia drivers vi aemerge which automagically eselects the
32 opengl interface.
33
34 I attached the latest xorg.log for information purposes.
35
36 It works for a couple of time...and then (time unknown) problems
37 arises as described.
38
39 How can I pinpoint the problem and how can I fix it?
40
41 Kind regards,
42 Meino Cramer
46 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
47 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
48 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
49 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.

Xorg.0.log text/plain