From: Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone can afford information about build kernel?
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 01:20:35
1 cd /usr/src/linux
2 make menuconfig "select the list of modules/drivers you need for your box"
3 make modules_install
4 cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/kernel-2.6.3.<whatever you want to call it>
5 vi /boot/grub/grub.conf "nano if you have not used vi before"
6
7 <part of grub.conf>
8 title Gentoo Linux 2.6.36-r1
9 root (hd0,0)
10 kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.36-native-r3 root=/dev/sda3
11
12 reboot
13
14 If this is a fresh install, make mistakes, break your environment,
15 chroot into jail...This
16 is the only cure for your condition.
17
18 Nick.