From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Git equivalent of pg_dumpall?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 17:20:18
1 On 09/04/2015 01:09 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Similar to the recent thread on cloning...
3 >
4 > I don't know and have never even used Git, but I need to get a complete
5 > and total backup of an entire Git repository to a single file that can
6 > then be cloned into a new git repo on another system. This was for a
7 > software project that was being developed by some off-site developers.
8 >
9 > What is the proper way to do this? Is it the 'git bundle' command?
12 The entire git repo is a single .git directory at the top level of your
13 project. So you can bundle the whole thing with
14
15 tar -cf project.tar /path/to/your/project