From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1TB 2.5in drive recommendation
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 04:12:23
1 On 29/08/2014 00:56, Joseph wrote:
2 > So there seems to be a pattern :-/
3 > How about SSD they are not that much more? Will it withstand Gentoo
4 > compilations :-) ?
5
6 No. There is not a pattern. Two guys used drives for 5 years and then
7 they failed.
8
9 5 years? Wow. That's double what you can reasonably expect, you got good
10 service.
11
12 SSDs are much more expensive than spinning disks, 1TB will cost a
13 fortune. But they work in Gentoo very well - I'm on my second and this
14 one is 256G, still runs as fast as the day I got it.
18 > --
19 > Joseph
20 >