From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: genlop and tab completion acts weird
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 18:14:35
1 On 10/20/2012 07:15 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > I been noticing something weird. If I try to use tab completion with
3 > the genlop command, I get things like this:
4 >
5 > root@fireball / # genlop -t -f/var/-su: /etc/make.globals: No such file
6 > or directory
7 > hp-toolbox.lock ^C
8 > root@fireball / # genlop -t -f /var/lo-su: /etc/make.globals: No such
9 > file or directory
10 > ^C
11 > root@fireball / #
12 >
13 > On the first one, I only typed in to/var/ then hit tab and on the
14 > second one I went to /var/lo then hit tab. The rest it does when I hit
15 > the tab key. Whatever it is doing, I have to hit ctrl C to get out of it.
16
17 Is /var on a different filesystem from / ? That kind of thing happens to
18 me if an NFS mounted filesystem is hung for some reason (like the NFS server
19 not being up yet during boot).