From: Mike <kyphros@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brutal force attack
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:45:41
1 On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:12:19 +0100, Luigi Pinna
2 <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > I read now from my logs that there is someone who try to login in my
4 > computer.
5 > He uses always dynamic ip address or in every case he changes his ip
6 > everyday.
7 > What can I do?
8 > I have all the ip but it is first time that I see an attack versus me
9 > Thanks for the tips
10 > Luigi
11
12 If they are trying to login via ssh, and you don't need remote ssh
13 access, turn off sshd. If you do need remote access, see if you can
14 limit the allowed addresses. At home, I have sshd configured to only
15 allow access from work, which is reasonably expected to be me.
16
17 Mike
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list