From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [was: What can cause printer to crop top of page?] /etc/papersize is ignored
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 14:30:52
1 On Friday, 29 December 2017 13:57:31 GMT Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > I think the bug is that "A4" has to be set in so many places, where "so
4 > many" means more than one. In a well designed printing system, there
5 > would be just one place to set it.
6
7 And that would have to be /etc/papersize, no?
8
9 > > I'm posting this here to save others time, should they come across the
10 > > same problem.
11 >
12 > I've been luckier with printing, but thanks all the same. Who knows
13 > when I might no longer be so lucky.
14
15 Indeed.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.