From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel options and udisk
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 01:58:20
1 On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > The important part is about 'if you are unsure about this, say N here'.
4 > Well, I don't think I need USB remote wakeup or anything so I don't
5 > think I need this but at the same time, udisk is giving me notice that
6 > it should be there.
7
8 I'll put it. The 'if you are unsure about this, say N here' is not a
9 warning; it means that it's probably safe not to put it. However,
10 udisks want it, so I would enable it.
11
12 > This is a desktop system not a laptop. Do I need to listen to me not
13 > needing it or udisk that says I do?
14
15 I suppose you connect from time to time USB sticks/hard drives onto
16 the machine (or at least want to be able to). I don't know how much
17 udisks depends on USB_SUSPEND, but if it's asking for it I don't see
18 any reason at all not to put it. It certainly will not hurt.
19
20 And BTW, the difference between desktop and laptop is getting smaller
21 and smaller every year. I suspend/hibernate my desktop almost as much
22 as I do my laptop.
23
24 Regards.
25 --