From: Thomas Tuttle <gentoo@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost my window manager
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 04:21:57
1 On December 27 at 22:46 EST, frank hastily scribbled:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I use to use Fluxbox as my window manager.
5 >
6 > I upgraded world 2 times without a restart (I think there were new
7 > versions of portage too).
8
9 I don't mean to be rude, but you really should watch what Portage was
10 doing. It's generally a bad idea to emerge -u world unsupervised, since
11 (as you can see) it can break things if you don't read messages printed
12 after packages are upgrades.
13
14 > Now I had to shutdown and boot. After logging in and typing the magic
15 > command "startx" TWM comes up.
16 >
17 > How do I get back fluxbox a s the dafault window manager?
18
19 Check the contents of ~/.xinitrc. It should say "exec fluxbox;" at the
20 end.
21
22 How did you configure your window manager before?
23
24 --Thomas Tuttle