From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disable syanptics pad
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 04:57:43
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > One of my gentoo users only uses and external mouse
5 > and hates the synaptics pad.
6 >
7 > I cannot get rid of the input being active from the
8 > synaptics pad.
11 > make.conf has this entry:
12 > INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
13 > VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev fglrx vesa"
16 > In xorg.conf I have it explicitly disabled:
17 >
18 > # InputDevice "Synaptics" "AlwaysCore"
21 > Here is what is installed:
22 > ati-drivers 8.32.5
23 > kde-3.5.9
24 > xorg-x11-7.4
27 > It has this video chip:
28 > Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE)
32 > Any ideas how to disable the synaptics pad?
33 >
34 > James
40 I'm not entirely sure that's a proper way to disable the synaptics pad,
41 as you don't seem to have removed xorg's ability to load the driver. I'd
42 suggest just #'ing out the whole InputDevice section relating to the
43 synaptics pad, and running emerge -C synaptics or emerge -C
44 xf86-input-synaptics, depending on which driver you're using. That
45 should completely remove your ability to use the synaptic touch pad.