From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Oracle 10 or 11...
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:49:49
1 Steve wrote:
2 > I am interested in the possibility of running a small-scale oracle
3 > server for some experimental development work. Ideally, I'd install on
4 > gentoo - as this is my server box... though I guess there may be hoops
5 > through which I must jump...
6 >
7 > I found this:
8 >
9 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/HOWTO_Install_Oracle_10g
10 >
11 > But it isn't in English... or, I think, up to date. Is there a howto
12 > for a currently available oracle download I can follow? Does anyone on
13 > this list run oracle on their Gentoo install?
14
15 http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml
16
17 I used this how-to as a rough guideline a few years ago when I setup a
18 test server on Gentoo. It's RHEL based, but isn't too hard to adapt to
19 Gentoo... IIRC the lib-compat stuff was the only thing I needed to do
20 ... and the path stuff was annoying as well. He also includes some
21 tuning stuff for actually using the db which is nice.
22
23 kashani