From: Anthony Metcalf <Anthony.Metcalf@×××××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting CFLAGS for a single build
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:58:17
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Um, I meand -nostrip, as I wrote in the example below. But I just tried
3 > for myself - I see the -g2 (multiple times), but after building,
4 > stripping takes place, even with the one-time FEATURES=-nostrip emerge -1
5 > libxml2 approach:
8 Emmm, FEATURES="nostrip" will not strip the binary, i.e. leave the
9 debugging info there.....FEATURES="-nostrip" will jnot, not strip the
10 binary, i.e it will strip the bianry, i.e. it will remove the debugging
11 info! The " marks are vital....
12 --
13 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list