From: David Helstroom <david.helstroom@××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE crash on start
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 06:59:20
1 On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 02:06 -0400, Ian K wrote:
2 > I really want KDE back. Any ideas? Im thinking if
3 > there
4 > was a way to change the decoration in a config file or
5 > something, I could switch it to something else to
6 > prevent a crash. Your thoughts?
7 > Ian
8
9 Hi Ian,
10
11 If you log into Fluxbox (or any other window manager), open a terminal
12 (e.g. xterm), and then run "kcontrol" you'll find you can change the
13 window decoration back to something a little more stable.
14
15 Alternatively, you could delete ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc
16
17 All the best,
20 Dave.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature