From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] can not ssh over vpn
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 00:30:43
1 I've setup openVPN and it is working. But when I try to login to remote
2 PC.
3
4 ssh fd@192.168.140.7
5 Password:
6 Password:
7 Password:
8 fd@192.168.140.7's password:
9 Permission denied, please try again.
10 fd@192.168.140.7's password:
11 Received disconnect from 192.168.140.7: 2: Too many authentication failures
12 Disconnected from 192.168.140.7
13
14 I've setup rsa keys and copy my public key to remote PC. When I connect
15 the remote PC on my local network I can ssh to it without any password OK.
16 But when I setup the connection over OpenVPN the remote PC is asking for
17 password even though the remote PC sshd.conf has:
18
19 PasswordAuthentication no
20
21 I've tried to look at log on remote PC
22 cat /var/log/auth.log |grep -i ssh
23
24 but the are no errors.
25 It keep saying:
26 sshd: Accepted publickey for fd from 10.0.0.100 (this is my box)
27
28 What else to look for?
31 Thelma