From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@×××××××.tr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do you keep up with system administration?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:12:08
1 On 30.05.2007 10:21, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > This runs in the early hours, so I can read it whenever it suits me during
3 > the day and apply the changes as I want. I run testing, so frequent
4 > updating is a good thing; with a stable system, weekly would be fine, but
5 > the longer you leave it the more work is involved.
6
7 I find that there are 2 problem-free approaches to updating. Either you
8 update frequently or you "forklift" update the server, i.e. get the
9 server out of the server room and install a new machine.
12 Eray
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list