From: Douglas Orchard <duglas@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] environment variables
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 13:00:06
1 I am running Blackbox with an rxvt terminal open.
2 If I su to root I get the following error msgs.
3 configuration error - unknown item 'FAILLOG_ENAB' (notify
4 administrator)
5 configuration error - unknown item 'LASTLOG_ENAB' (notify
6 administrator)
7 configuration error - unknown item 'MOTD_FILE' (notify administrator)
8 configuration error - unknown item 'FTMP_FILE' (notify administrator)
9 configuration error - unknown item 'ENV_ROOTPATH' (notify
10 administrator)
11 configuration error - unknown item 'PASS_MIN_LEN' (notify
12 administrator)
13 configuration error - unknown item 'CHFN_AUTH' (notify administrator)
14 They appear to be environment variables that havnt been set.
15 This didnt happen on my other Gentoo box, so I cant figure out what I
16 did wrong.
17
18 I did "notify administrator" (thats me) but he cant help.
21 Douglas Orchard
22
23 Registered Linux User
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list