From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any real need to switch python targets back and forth every month?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 13:01:29
1 On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 13:44:28 +0300, Grand Duet wrote:
2
3 > Before switching python_targets for the first time, you could use your
4 > news system to inform Gentoo users that
5 > 1) you are switching python_targets
6
7 Like the one on May 22nd titled "Python 3.6 to become the default target"?
8
9 > 2) it may be "a bit premature",
10
11 That sort of information is only known with hindsight or a time machine.
12
13 > and so, those who really want to have a stable Gentoo system should
14 > 1) do such and such changes to their config files and
15
16 Like in the aforementioned news item?
17
18 FWIW I had no problem with the profile change and locked my system at 3.6
19 to save switching back when the profile did so.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.