From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] repoman the optimist
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 07:34:52
1 On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 20:57:28 -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > I am preparing some home made ebuilds and I run "repoman manifest" as
4 > part of the process. repoman downloads the upstream tarball for the
5 > package from the SRC_URI location, but only after trying the distfiles
6 > directory on all servers in my PORTAGE_MIRRORS. This software is not
7 > packaged by gentoo, so this always fails and it amounts to a useless
8 > delay for me, and perhaps an annoyance for the servers. How can I
9 > disable it and make repoman go straight to the upstream location?
10
11 You could put RESTRICT=mirror in the ebuild, or possibly in package.env
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 If Yoda so strong in force is, why words in right order he cannot put?