From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] plainTeX instead of LaTeX
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 08:30:49
1 Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com> [09-06-28 10:27]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > after removing tetex and installing texlive-2008 by following
6 > > his guide
7 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/tex/texlive-migration-guide.xml
8 > > I run into a mysterious problem:
9 > > All my *.tex-files are handled as they would be written in
10 > > LaTeX. But they are good old plainTeX.
11 > >
12 > > Where can I change thsi behaviour and what did I wrong in
13 > > migrating from tetex?
14 > >
15 > > Thank you very much for your help in advance!
16 > > Have a nice weekend!
17 > > Kind regards,
18 > > Meino Cramer
24 > I have moved from Tetex to Texlive without any problem. What kind of
25 > problem do you have?
26 >
27 > Regards,
28 > Hung
31 Hi Hung,
32
33 may I cite myself : ;)
34
35 > > All my *.tex-files are handled as they would be written in
36 > > LaTeX. But they are good old plainTeX.
39 or in other words:
40
41 tex texfile.tex
42
43 ends up in errors due to the fact, that "texfile.tex" contains syntax
44 with LaTeX dont understand. Fo example a missing "documentstyle".
45
46 Regards,
47 Meino
53 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
54 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
55 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
56 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.