From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dev-util/autotoolset
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:05:27
1 What should I do about dev-util/autotoolset? I use it every day for a
2 project, but today it looks like I'm being told to remove it. What is
3 the alternative?
4
5 In my package.keywords file I have "dev-util/autotoolset ~amd64"
6 unmasked since I use autotools for a project.
7
8 After the output of "emerge -uDNp world" this morning the following
9 message is displayed.
10
11 !!! The following installed packages are masked:
12 - dev-util/autotoolset-0.11.4-r1 (masked by: package.mask)
13 /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
14 # Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> (04 Oct 2010)
15 # on behalf of QA team
16 #
17 # Ironically, it is misusing autotools (bug #255831). It was
18 # added in 2004 and never version bumped since; autotools
19 # have since evolved a fair amount, while this is based
20 # still on automake 1.6. Avoid keeping it around.
21 #
22 # Removal on 2010-12-03
23
24 For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
25 man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
26
27 As stated above, what should I "Avoid keeping it around?" Is it
28 autotoolset, automake 1.6, ...? Also, what's getting removed on
29 2010-12-03? If autotoolset is removed, what should be used to build
30 projects?
31
32 Even though I have autotoolset installed, search shows it as being masked.
33
34 # emerge --search autotoolset
35 Searching...
36 [ Results for search key : autotoolset ]
37 [ Applications found : 1 ]
38
39 * dev-util/autotoolset [ Masked ]
40 Latest version available: 0.11.4-r1