From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge realplayer
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:29:25
1 On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 09:22:58PM -0800, larry wrote
2 > trying to emerge realplayer, received following error msg:
3 [...deletia...]
4 > Unable to establish SSL connection.
5
6 Let me guess, you've emerged wget without ssl. wget is used by emerge
7 to get files. If the URL begins with "https" (note the "s"), that means
8 it requires ssl. I ran into this once myself with realplayer. You need
9 to emerge wget with ssl. Either...
10 1) add "ssl" to your USE variable, and "emerge wget"
11 2) or if you don't want ssl built into everything else where it's
12 optional, add the line...
13
14 net-misc/wget ssl
15
16 ...to your /etc/portage/package.use file.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
20 My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list