From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 00:00:38
1 On Monday 01 April 2013 20:51:45 Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 --->8
4
5 > So, there are three conceivable configurations (initramfs
6 > notwithstanding):
7
8 What a fine word! It's a while since I saw it last.
9
10 > 1. With systems which don't require /usr binaries before /usr would be
11 > mounted, separate /usr is not a problem.
12
13 I'm in that group, I'm glad to be able to say. The most important para to me
14 in the news item was: "The feature can also be completely disabled using
15 net.ifnames=0 on the kernel command line." I just added that to my grub.conf
16 entries and I sail blissfully on with eth0. Of course this is a simple
17 desktop box with a static network topology; on a less simple setup things
18 would differ. Maybe I've left a hostage to fortune, but it'll do for now.
19
20 --->8
23 Peter