From: Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: An XML Question
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:30:30
1 Well, a "man libxml2" gives you all that you need:
2
3 Documentation for libxml is available on-line at
4 http://www.xmlsoft.org/
5
6 ;o)
7
8 Gal'
9
10 2007/5/29, burlingk@×××××××××.mil <burlingk@×××××××××.mil>:
13 > > -----Original Message-----
14 > > From: Galevsky [mailto:galevsky@×××××.com]
15 > > Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 4:21 PM
16 > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
17 > > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: An XML Question
20 > > Hi,
21 > >
22 > > you can learn the xml concepts at http://www.w3schools.com/.
23 > > Then, depending on the language you choose, there is lots of
24 > > libs to deal with xml in many languages. Though you always
25 > > have two different ways of parsing your xml file: a SAX
26 > > parser approach, that runs on an element-by-element process,
27 > > retrieving each element with no view on the next ones. The
28 > > second way is a DOM object builder, parsing the xml file as a
29 > > whole, then giving you back the whole tree as an object that
30 > > can browse later with a set of methods. The later is faster
31 > > to get all the information of the xml, but takes more memory
32 > > since the whole xml tree must be built first. You have to
33 > > look for the libs of your language now for further details,
34 > > but the choice between the two is crucial. I remind a
35 > > Xmlchecker java tool I wrote to run no-diff tests.... I
36 > > implemented first with jdom, and it was good..... until I had
37 > > to deal with 300 Mb files ... and rewrite the whole browsing
38 > > engine with SAX.
39 > >
40 > > Gal'