From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] output of emerge -v emacs-vcs (not the masking something else)
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 22:10:45
1 I'm getting output from emerge -v emacs-vcs like this:
4 * ERROR: app-editors/emacs-vcs-24.0.9999-r1 failed (unpack phase):
5 * bzr.eclass: can't pull from bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk/
6
7 I tried
8 bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk/
9 by hand and had no problems with it.
10
11 Let me add that I started an emerge -v emacs-vcs an hour or two ago
12 but decided against it and ^C'ed out of it kind of late in the game.
13
14 On that occasion it was working and the ^C was done during the `make'
15 phase I think.
16
17 But ever since that run I get the error shown above. So errors out
18 early in the process.
19
20 I deleted the leavings in /var/tmp/portage/app-editors with r
21 rm -rf /var/tmp/portage/app-editors
22 thinking that might be the source of the problem but it did not help.
23
24 Still, I'm pretty sure its something about that earlier kill that is
25 causing this.
26
27 ps-I have /etc/portage/package.unmask with these contents:
28
29 ~app-editors/emacs-vcs-23.1.9999
30 ~app-editors/emacs-vcs-24.0.9999
31 ~virtual/emacs-24