From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble decrypting message from firefox ebuild
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:23:24
1 On Sunday 18 January 2009 18:02:10 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > I just build firefox and noticed the following warning in the
3 > ebuild output, and I'm a bit baffled by the grammar:
4 >
5 > All the packages built against mozilla-firefox won't
6 > compile, if after installing firefox 3.0 you get some
7 > blockers, please add 'xulrunner' to your USE-flags.
8 >
9 > Does anybody have idea what the above sentence is trying to say?
10
11 It's saying that if you use firefox -3*, then you should remove "firefox" from
12 your USE and add "xulrunner" instead. This way, nothing in the tree will try
13 to pull in firefox-2* (which obviously conflicts with firefox-3*).
14
15 There have been 4 earlier threads on this very topic in the last fortnight.
16 For more details, please check the recent archives (rehashing the same thing
17 over and over is getting really tedious)
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com