From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remove redundant entries in "world" - howto
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 13:42:27
1 On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Helmut Jarausch
2 <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > does anybody know about an easy method to remove all entries from
6 > /var/lib/portage/world
7 > which would have been pulled in anyway
8 > even if they were not contained in world.
9 >
10 > My current attempt would be to write a script
11 > which executes emerge -vpc on each entry in world.
12 > If it wouldn't be removed it's obsolete in world.
13 >
14 > Unfortunately this has to be done in several rounds.
15 >
16 > Many thanks for a hint,
17 > Helmut.
21 You may find that using 'emerge --deselect some-package' to be what
22 you need. It removeds the file from your world file, but does not
23 unmerge the package. That command switch is the functional opposite of
24 --noreplace.
25
26 I think you will find a wealth of information in the manpage for
27 emerge. Happy reading!
30 Matthew W. Summers