From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: GSettings-to-GConf problem
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:58:18
1 > shotwell keeps crashing when I import photos with "Copy Photos" as
2 > opposed to "Import in Place". I've been over this thoroughly with the
3 > shotwell list and they've come to these conclusions:
4 >
5 > "There may be something about the configuration mapper on your machine
6 > that is just broken."
7 >
8 > "the problem occurred deep inside of the GSettings-to-GConf mapper
9 > (gconfsettingsbackend)"
10 >
11 > "ask the Gentoo packagers why they're using a GSettings-to-GConf
12 > mapper, because GSettings is designed as an evolution over GConf and
13 > should have no relation to it whatsoever"
14 >
15 > Can anyone shed any light on any of this? Should I file a Gentoo bug?
16 >
17 > - Grant
18
19 Any ideas guys?