From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gummiboot -> efibootmgr
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 10:32:56
1 On Tuesday 23 Aug 2016 11:10:40 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > As long as the source file is still in $DISTDIR, you don't need to do
3 > anything.
4 > You could put the file somewhere; personal web space, github
5 > etc, and change the SRC_URI to point to it, but that's not really
6 > necessary.
7
8 Can a SRC_URI be a file:// reference? The dev manual doesn't say. And can I
9 have a second $DISTDIR under /usr/local/portage?
10
11 > > > If a serious bug does arise, you then have the choice of trying to
12 > > > persuade someone to backport the fix from systemd or switch
13 > > > bootloaders.
14 > >
15 > > In fact I think it might be easier to follow Rich's intriguing
16 > > suggestion and install systemd.
17 >
18 > That's worth trying out, *before* gummiboot it treecleaned!
19
20 Indeed. :) For the time being I've marked the source file immutable, just
21 to anticipate finger trouble.
24 Rgds
25 Peter