From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: for list <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to play quicktime (*.mov) videos with firefox
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:51:25
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I'm having a heck of a time getting firefox setup so it can handle
3 > quicktime videos.
4
5 FWIW, out of security considerations I run FF in a chroot jail with as
6 little "other stuff" in the jail as possible
7
8 So using an extension called "unplug"
9 <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2254> I can locate
10 embedded media and download the link or the file itself. I then play the
11 download on 32bit using mplayer (in its own jail).
12
13 64bit Linux, AFAICT, does not yet play .mov files, so I'm presently
14 using QTalternative in wine 'til mplayer, xine, or vlc works on 64bit.
15
16 HTH