From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linking break System
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 19:57:53
1 Silvio Siefke wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 13:46:13 -0400 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
5 > wrote:
6 >
7 >> If your system is still functional enough, back up your /var/lib and
8 >> /etc directories to possibly save yourself a bunch of reconfiguration
9 >> and re-installing.
10 > I have copy portage tools back and run reinstall, at moment no problem, only
11 > the question at moment i run emerge -DNe system (282 of 319 at moment), must
12 > i do the same for world (emerge -DNe world) or is system enough?
15 > Thanks for help, Greetings
16 > Silvio
21 You can leave off the -DN options. When you do -e, it means everything
22 anyway.
23
24 I'm not sure on the rest but you may be doing world next.
25
26 Dale
27
31 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!