From: Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with X apps from remote PC
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:38:12
1 Hi,
2
3 I have here Xorg running. My system is a AMD64, software is
4 up-to-date. X is compiled with xinerama tag.
5
6 Now if I start emacs or a xterm etc on my FreeBSD pc I can only see
7 the decoration of the window but nothing is displayed in it.
8
9 As window manager I use XFCE4.
10
11 Everything worked fine before an update in the last 2-6 weeks but I
12 have no idea who to solve that problem now.
13
14 Is it possible that with the new modular XOrg a package is missing?
15
16 Thx a lot for help,
17 Matthias
21 "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
22 build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
23 produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
24 Rich Cook
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list