From: Andrew Tselischev <andrewts@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wiki-viewer anyone?
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 17:49:47
1 On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 07:07:04PM +0200, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > The u8g8lib, which contains libraries to drive a great amount of
5 > displays for mainly embedded electronics has a wiki on github, which
6 > can be oficially git-pulled as a local copy...which I did.
7 >
8 > Now I have tons of *.md (markdown) -files instead of html and I
9 > dont know of any handy viewer for these.
10 >
11 > Since I want to update the repo from time to time
12 > I dont want to convert them.
13 >
14 > Is there any recommended quick and clean way to view these files on the fly as
15 > they would be html?
16 >
17 > Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
18 > Cheers
19 > Meino
22 Markdown is a markup language that was specifically designed to be readable in the source.
23
24 However, if you still find it hard to read, perhaps syntax highlighting in a fancy
25 text editor can help approximate the intended effects of the markup.
26
27 Also, there are markdown-to-HTML translators. Some are even included in portage tree.